Registered Adjudicator for construction and engineering cases. Panel member of both TeCSA and CIC panels. Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- I am accredited with the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association on the panels of both TeCSA and of the Construction Industry Council. I practise typically in areas of contract interpretation, professional negligence, defects, delay and extension, repudiation, withholding, breach of duty.
- My approach is based on fairness, accurate analysis, courtesy, speed and value for money.
- Recent cases have included claim for wrongful deduction by a subcontractor on works to Lords’ Cricket Ground; wrongful withholding alleged on major international subsea cabling works; wrongful withholding and counter-claimed breach of contractual performance in respect of a large framework contract for specialised building works
As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators I have acted as Arbitrator on a number of matters, including:
- Very complex valuation and defects dispute on a large private dwelling, directions to plead in Scott Schedule format, backed up by escorted site inspection rendered the case manageable with a minimum of oral evidence, using the procedural powers of the Arbitration Act, 1996.
- Dispute between Bulgarian hotel operator, Panamanian business partner and UK package holiday company.
- Final account dispute involving contested valuation and defects counterclaim on the conversion of a stately home into a luxury resort hotel, parties requested a non-binding “Conciliation” approach, successfully resolved.